Book yourself the nurturing and relief
What is EFT?
EFT, stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, often referred to as the practice of "tapping."
Being free from emotion, in the context of this practice, simply means to cultivate a foundation of peace within that can support whatever emotions arise in the body, with a sense of compassion, curiosity and clarity; it means learning how to hold ourselves and keep a light on in times of distress, rather than being swallowed by a whirlpool of despair and overwhelmed by disparaging self-talk.
EFT is a simple modality that has proved highly effective in processing traumas, both big and little, anxiety, stress, heart-break, depression, dis-ordered behaviors, and more. EFT has also supported people re-imagining and fortifying their relationships with money, sex and sexual identity, creativity, love, success, and beyond.
The technique is a synthesis of cognitive talk-therapy and the energy-meridian work of acupuncture, energized by the cleansing, invigorating power of the breath.
All we need, is our fingers to tap on the meridian end-points on the body, our willingness to be present with and talk through the troubling issue at hand, and the reminder to breathe deeply, feel into sensation, and take notice of what arises.
During an EFT session, the intelligent mind, the wisdom of the body, and our subtle energy systems are all working together to access and release trauma from where it is often stored, in the nervous system.
EFT can also be used for
- tuning our vibrational fields and clearing our voices, in conjunction with toning and vocal exercises
- aligning with our sense of purpose
- melting blockages to our self-expression and experiencing more effortless creative flow
- manifesting our desires
- establishing new thresholds of pleasure and satisfaction, by deeply acknowledging ourselves
- creating more ease and compassion communication and love within relationships
What to expect from an EFT session with me:
Presence, Compassion, and a Safe Space
My intention as a practitioner, is to create a safe, energetic-emotional container for you to feel deeply into your process and relax into vulnerability.
EFT sessions are powerful opportunities for you to meet yourself fully, right you’re at. You'll be inviting various aspects of yourself to be acknowledged and honored, seen and heard, which often leads to cleansing catharsis. ALL of you is welcome, especially in the space we create together. Uncertainty, numbness, grief, joy, sadness, rage...all of it will be lovingly tended to as it arises.
You remain in control of your process. You will never be required to feel, say or think anything that does not resonate with you. There are no expectations for particular results. You can dive as deep as you need to into your shadows, memories and emotions, or dip a toe below the surface to test the temperature. You will be encouraged, but not pushed, to lean into what feels like a healthy edge for you. Your process is confidential, sacred, and held in reverence.
Structure, Stability and Integration
Session are 75-90 minutes, and include:
- A review (if you are new to the technique) of the 12 tapping points and languageing of the technique.
- 20-30 minutes of downloading, as you explain, vent, or feel around for the issue you need to work on, while I ask some focusing questions to help us identify origin stories and root causes.
- 40-50 minutes of tapping and processing the issue, in a call and response format. I structure a “script” of sorts using your key phrases, language and emotions, repeat them to you, and you repeat them back. I invite you to continue breathing deeply, to be present with sensations and feelings as they arise.
- As the charge on the issue lessens through the tap, the last third of the session may focus on exploring resolution, affirming new positive beliefs, and creating new possibilities. Again, the goal is never to sugar-coat, bypass or wrap our issues up in a nice bow. You may not feel "fixed." But you will experience more clarity, insight, and very possibly more compassion and slightly more levity around the issue.
- The final 5-10 minutes are focused on integration, acknowledging energetic shifts, take-aways, insights and epiphanies.
The Felt Benefits of EFT:
- a more regulated nervous system
- a sense of relief and clarity
- feeling refreshed and hopeful
- the dissolution of obsessive thought loops
- feeling access to authentic forgiveness and empathy
- experiencing awareness and understanding regarding an issue or relationship
- a sense of lightness around troubling memories
- feeling energized and motivated to pursue your inspirations and goals!
Benefits of a Regular Practice:
No doubt about it, a single EFT session can be truly transformative. This technique can be used to tackle one-off issues as they arise, or to work on specific episodes.
However, when EFT is practiced on the regular, it serves as an amazing tool for emotional and psychic hygiene. This is a practice in re-working thought patterns that function as blueprints for our conscious and subconscious programming. Furthermore, we are re-training our nervous systems to update in accordance with our reality, in real-time...not our past experiences!
EFT is like a software update for the computer systems of our minds combined with a regular exercise routine. With this practice, we are essentially building new neural pathways for more enlightened behavior and a more fulfilling life-experience, and these need to be used and worked in order to be the most effective!
Our issues are often multi-faceted, and rooted in several different memories, experiences and beliefs. Regular sessions, or committing to a series, allows us to explore the various aspects of our stuff, and enjoy the clarity that comes from a thorough, loving, empowered investigation and acknowledgment of how we've come to be who we are.
I am available for in-person one-on-one sessions, or group sessions, in Austin Texas. EFT can also be done over the phone, or video-chat, which is also highly effective.
The first introductory session is my gift to you, and involves an in-depth explanation of the practice, and a warm-up EFT session. These sessions are generally 30-60 minutes. Please don't hesitate to book yourself or someone you love this complimentary intro session! It is my pleasure to share this work.
Single sessions are $90-$125, sliding scale.
Rates for house-calls are $125-$175.
I have a reduced rate of $75 for anyone in need. Any extra flow will support me in sharing this work with those that are less financially stable.
I am still offering a series of 3 sessions, for $225 ($75/session) through 2019. Feel free to take advantage of these rates, and ensure multiple sessions of deep healing for yourself!
Please check out all of the resources through the link in this site, for a variety of low-cost and free tapping tools. I am here for you when you want to dive deep in a one-on-one session!
Testimonials from humans